This week’s theme is Best Race Swag. Gotta love the swag right? I mean, seriously, why else pay to run races?!?! Swag rocks!
Here’s my 5 favorites:
1. I am really excited to get my 1/4 zip pullover this October at the IMT Des Moines Half Marathon. I haven’t even run this one before, but I know that they are really sweet. I’ve seen them, at other races, being worn by others 🙂 This year, I’ll get my very 0wn. Here is this year’s design.
2. Last year I ran a small 5k to raise money for the Ralfa House, which helps get girls out of sex traffiking. It wasn’t chip timed, and there wasn’t a finishers medal, but what I thought was cool was that everyone got a Tshirt and a water bottle.
3. Medals. I just love races that give out finishers medals! I love coming home and adding it to my medal hanger! My half marathon medal I wore to work 🙂
4. The Dam Backpocket 7 miler that I ran last year gave out Backpocket brewery glass beer cups. I appreciate that even though I don’t like beer! We got shirts too 🙂
5. At the Remembrance run in Des Moines last year, it was a fairly priced 5k and they gave out finishers medals, Tshirts and boxed lunches! The WeRunLLC races here (Lucky Run & Glow Run) always give out great finishers medals, tech shirts and tons of food at the end!
What is your favorite race swag?