Wow. Is it really the end of the week already? This week was crazy busy for me!
1. My Garmin Forerunner 10. I love Garmin. I think it’s pretty obvious lol We have a Garmin GPS in the car too. I’m coming up on the one year anniversary since hubby bought me the GPS Watch, my Forerunner 10. I am still as in love with it as when it bought it for me. I love it more now that I am half marathon training. I use the Jeff Galloway Run Walk Run method, and so I set the watch to do 3:1 intervals. I run 3 minutes and walk one. It really has helped me with getting through the long runs. My time averages about 11:30/mile this way. I have the purple color.
2. My Flipbelt. This little simple tool is so fantastic. It’s so basic. A fabric ‘tube’ that fits around your waist or hips, with access points throughout that allows you to put things in it, and they stay put! I can put my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone, chapstick, and extra pieces of gum (I chew gum when I run) and it even has a clip inside for your keys to make they are secure! This is great for me since often I will drive to the starting point of my run and I need to carry my car key with me, and it’s a large one. I love that I cannot even feel my phone when it’s in there, and that Galaxy is not a small phone.
3. My Brooks Ghost 6s. Duh. I need shoes right? These are my 2nd pair of Brooks (well, running shoes in general) since I started running last year. I bought these at an amazing clearance sale at BrooksRunning.com. They weren’t my first pick for color, but I have a very common shoe size apparently and they were the last ones left. I love them now, I didn’t love them at the time…of course, now they match my neon yellow running jacket I shared about a few days ago… I still have my other pair, my Brooks Trance 12s and I wear them everywhere now, they have retired into being my every day shoes.
4. My Amazon Music App. I am not a non-music runner. I gotta have my tunes. I gotta have Mandisa telling me not to give up, TobyMac telling me to keep my Eye on It and Meghan Trainer telling me it’s ok not to be a size 2! 🙂 Seriously, I love listening to music when I run, and I probably always will. I turn it up louder on the trails and places without traffic, and I turn it down low when I am dealing with crossing streets and places with traffic. I play it smart, I just don’t like to run without it. Since I buy all my music through Amazon, it just makes sense. It also gives hubby peace of mind knowing I have my phone with me.
5. Speaking of Peace of Mind, this brings me to my 5th thing, and something that’s understated. That’s my RoadID. I have the Sport model. I have my hubby’s phone number, my best friend, Carol’s phone number and some other simple info on there. It is nice to know it’s there if I am unable to speak for myself in the case of an accident or something.
What are your 5 things?
Link up and share about 5 things of anything you want! (did that make sense? Probably not..oh well haha!)